I hope you all had a good weekend. I sure did, I attended the launch of an online fashion store on Saturday. I will bring you some photos from the event later this week.
As promised, I’m sharing the how-to of the nail art i’m rocking this week. It’s so pretty yet so easy, it’s actually ridiculous. Forgive if the photos seem of lower quality, I used my iPhone to take the shots as I left my camera charger at home and I’m not there this week.
Here’s what you need:
- Nail Polish remover
- Base Coat & Top Coat (I used NYC’s Grand Central Station)
- Nail Polish of your choice (I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Presto Pink)
- Paper Tape
- Qtips to clean your edges
- Wipe off any old nail polish from your nails
- Prep your nails by filing and buffing them so that you have a smooth surface to work on
- Paint your nails with your base coat
- Cut up paper tape and put it over about two-thirds of your nail diagonally. Do the same for the rest of your nails.
- Apply your polish like you would usually, covering the taped part as well for uniformity. I applied two coats of my polish to make the color pop 🙂
- Leave your nails to dry for about 10 minutes
- Gently peel the paper tape off in an upward direction i.e towards the tip of your nails. I found that peeling the tape off downward smudged the polish a bit
- Finish off by applying your favorite topcoat to protect your design
- Clean your cuticles with a q-tip dipped in nail polish remover
A simple design that will have people ogling your pretty nails. You can even use two different colours of polish following this technique. That would give the design more oomph! 🙂
Peace and Love,