Hope everyone’s doing great. I didn’t do a nail post on Monday because I was having a crazy day. I apologise :-). This week, I decided to have a go at Zebra Print nails. They’ve been around for the longest but I was never really motivated to do them until this week.
Again, it’s really easy to achieve and requires no fancy tools.
What you need:
- A base coat (I used Models’ own 3-in-1)
- White nail polish (I used one called Dierli)
- Black Liquid Eyeliner (I used Collection 2000 Extreme 24hr Felt Tip Liner)
- Nail Polish Remover (I used Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover, more on it later in this post)
- Prep your nails by cleaning off any remaining nail polish, file into shape and buff them to make them shiny and smooth
- Apply your base coat
- Apply two coats of the white nail polish and allow to dry completely, I waited about 30 minutes
- Using the liquid eyeliner, carefully draw sideways “V-shapes” on each nail. Make sure the Vs are in the same direction on all the nails. Never mind if it doesn’t look as neat on your dominant hand, it all adds to the quirkiness of the design
- Let the liquid liner dry, then carefully (to prevent smudging the liner) apply a top coat to add shine and protect your beautiful nail art
- Clean up around your cuticles with a qtip dipped in nail polish remover
- Go on with your bad self and let people think you’ve just had a professional manicure done 🙂
Now onto the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover. I think that this is God’s gift to all nail polish lovers. You know how stressful and annoying it can be to get your nail polish off, especially when you have nail art on? Well, this product eases the stress.
Inside, there’s foam soaked in nail polish remover. You simply dip your finger inside the hole, rub it against the foam and your polish comes right off. Bourjois say it takes 1 second per nail but I think that’s them pushing it, lol. I would say it takes about 5 seconds or more to really get everything off, which is still great.
Another thing I like about this product is the fact that it leaves my nails looking nice and shiny. Regular nail polish remover tends to dry out your nails but this one actually conditions them as you go along. I’m so happy with it that I might never use any other nail polish remover again, I highly recommend it.
It costs about £5 which is amazing and you can get it here or in any Boots store. I think it’s only sold in the UK I’m afraid but if you’re in Nigeria or any another country, you just might be lucky to find it or something similar hanging around a shelf in your beauty store.
Will you guys be trying out the Zebra Print nails? If you do, you can use other base colours like pink, purple, anything. I hope you enjoy rocking your nails!
Peace and Love,