Don’t worry you are safe, there is no actual fire, lol! However my Face of the Day (FOTD) was inspired by the beautiful colours one would see in a fire. Who else gets mesmerised watching burning flames? I’m not weird right?
I created this look as an entry for Aqeela’s #WeeklyMakeupTag. She has a theme every week and this week it is Elements.
I focused on reflecting the two main colours of fire which are red and yellow. I applied the yellow on the lid, then blended red in the crease. To transition and soften any harsh lines, I used a matte brown eyeshadow. I then applied a gold eyeshadow as a brow bone highlight. The dramatic winged liner and a darkened waterline represent the black colour of ashes.
- Lid- Bright yellow shade from Blush Professional 120 Palette (buy here)
- Crease and Outer V- Sleek Scandalous blush
- Transition- Mary Kay Cinnabar
- Brow bone- Gold shade from the 120 palette
- Eyeliner- Rimmel Exaggerate liquid eyeliner in black
- Waterline- Model’s own Kohl Pencil
- Mascara- Maybelline’s Falsies in Blackest Black
What other colour would depict fire except a hot red lipstick? The other option was to apply yellow eyeshadow on my lips over a clear lipgloss but I said to myself, “Easy now…”
- Lipliner- Zaron Red Vines
- Lipstick- Rimmel Kate 01 (review here)
Other Products Used
- Foundation- Zaron Foundation + Concealer in shade PZ04 (review here)
- Under Eye Concealer- Mac Select Cover Up Concealer in NC45
- To set concealer- ELF Mineral Booster powder in Sheer
- Brows- Mac Spiked Pencil and Zaron Brow Kit
- Blush- Sleek Scandalous
- Contour and Highlight- Sleek Face Contour Kit in Medium (review here)
- Powder- Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Dark
- Setting Spray- Mac Fix+
When I set out to create this look, I just wanted to have fun with the tag, I didn’t expect to come up with anything remotely wearable. I’m not one for bright coloured eyeshadow but I kind of like how it turned out and I just might consider recreating it for a night out or something.
What do you ladies think? Would you wear bright eyes and a bright lip?
Peace and Love,