This is not becoming a food blog, I promise 🙂 I just really enjoy baking these days and want to share with you guys.
I have always loved Pineapple Upside Down cakes, one of my favorite desserts. Could it be because this was served as dessert on my Christening as my dear mother has often told me? Who knows?!
For some reason though, I just imagine that it would be very difficult to make given the deliciousness factor- was I wrong. This recipe from my girl Laura Vitale is literally as easy as A-B-C.
What You Need
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp of Water
A can of sliced pineapples or fresh if you prefer
1 1/3 Cup of All Purpose Flour
2 tsp of Baking Powder
1/8 tsp of Salt
2/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar
2/3 Cup of Sour Cream
¼ Cup of Unsalted Butter
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 176 degrees C
- Melt the butter in a baking tin by placing it in the oven. Once melted, pour in the brown sugar, 1 Tbsp of water, mix by hand until smooth
- Line the baking tin with sliced pineapples and dot the cherries between each pineapple or any other spaces and set aside
- Cream room temperature butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg, vanilla essence and sour cream and mix till combined
- Add the dry ingredients- flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until batter is smooth
- Pour batter into the baking tin and bake for 35mins
- Allow the cake to cool for 5 mins precisely before inverting on a plate. Any sooner and the topping will not have set properly causing it to slide off. Any later and the topping will harden and stick to the pan
|Husband helping out, I am always too scared to invert the cake 🙂|
And there you have it- deliciously decadent pineapple upside down cake! Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and watch people sing your praises- haha!
Enjoy the weekend guys and if you choose to try this lovely dessert, it will be an even better one!
Peace and Love,